On April 8th around noon, Delaware Valley liberty lovers met at 601 Market Street in center city Philadelphia with Julian Heicklen to hand out jury nullification pamphlets to the public. Also present were at least 17 officers of the law, one of whom threatened to shove my camera down my throat. Another, a Philadelphia cop, not so subtly threatened to charge me with interfering with a police investigation. For the most part though, the agents behaved themselves and more than 120 members of the public got jury rights information! We even captured several scenes of amusement and grand irony on tape. The video is also available on YouTube.
Photos of the Event
Plan Now for Future Events
I’ve volunteered to participate in future jury rights outreach events and others are making plans to also cover Norristown. What about you? Set up jury rights outreach events in your area today! Julian has events planned at the following US District Courts:
- Manhattan, April 12th and 19th.
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 26.
- Las Vegas, Nevada on June 14.
- Albany, New York on June 21.
- Any of the following on April 29: Manhattan, Brooklyn, White Plains in New York; Newark, Camden, Trenton in New Jersey; Philadelphia, Easton, Allentown, Reading in Pennsylvania.
- Wilmington, Delaware at a date to be determined.
- Concord, New Hampshire at a date to be determined.
It’s up to YOU to make these events as successful (or more so!) than yesterday’s record-breaking Philadelphia event.